Furuno GP-150 GPS Navigator
Furuno GP-150 GPS Navigator is a GPS navigator designed for the SOLAS ships according to the GPS performance standard IMO on and after July 1, 2003. It is a highly reliable standalone EPFS (electronic position fixing system) that feeds positioning information to AIS, Radar, VDR, VideoPlotter, Autopilot, Echo Sounder and Sonar.
The Furuno Navigator systems includes antenna and display unit with 6″ silver bright LCD, providing optimum visibility in all lighting levels. Dual configuration, with a second system, provides a backup and/or remote operation to ensure system availability.
Receiver dependability is improved by fault detection using five satellites, i.e., Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (RAIM) that shows the integrity status in Safe, Caution, and Unsafe levels. The status is given with respect to user selected accuracy level, 10 m or 100 m. RAIM also works on DGPS signals.
Display mode is selectable from VideoPlotter, Text, Highway and Steering. In the Highway mode, you can intuitively see how to steer and where the next waypoint is located relative to your ship. It is useful when you are following a series of waypoints along a planned route. Steering modeVideoPlotter mode
Furuno GP-150 GPS Navigator Features
- DGPS receiver OP20-32-1/20-33
- Vertical whip antenna for FAW-1.2 GPA-018S
- Antenna cable, 30/50 m
- Mounting kit antenna CP20-01111, No.13-QA300, No.13-QA310, No.13-RC5160
- External receiver DGPS GR-80
- Transmitter PR-62
- Device interfaces IF-2500
- Ideal sensor of SOG and COG for AIS, radars, and other navigational aids
- Accuracy improved by including WAAS and DGPS* augmentation systems
- GPS: 10 m (95%)
- DGPS: 5 m (95%)
- WAAS: 3 m (95%), limited coverage
- SOG: ±0.2 kt (SOG ≦ 10 kt)
- COG: ±3° (SOG 1-17 kt), ±1° (SOG > 17 kt)
- Selectable Display modes: VideoPlotter, 3-D Highway, Text, Steering.
- Memory: 2,000 points for ship’s past positions and marks; 999 waypoints; 30 routes with 30 max waypoints