The Consilium Ecdis G2 type-specific training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use this ECDIS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code. Consilium develops and markets high-quality products and systems in safety, navigation and automation.
The Consilium ECDIS training module has been developed by Seagull working closely with Consilium, one of the major manufacturers of ECDIS equipment and is now included in the Seagull e-learning library. This training module is designed to train navigators in the practical use of the Consilium ECDIS and satisfy the requirement for ‘Equipment Specific ECDIS Training’. Consilium confirms that this module will provide all necessary understanding and practical knowledge to use the Consilium ECDIS system in a safe and efficient manner.
CONSILIUM ECDIS Accurate Realtime Positioning Consilium ECDIS provides the professional navigator with a total navigation situation appraisal and vital voyage information including:
- Primary and Secondary Ship Position
- Raw Radar overlay.
- ARPA Target Information.
- AIS target information with call sign display.
- Navtex information
- Data from interfaced sensors – gyro, log, GPS, Echo sounder, anemometer etc.
- Vessel Track.
- Weather data.
- Display of the ship’s contours in the chart scales comparable with the ship’s dimensions
- Information relating to dangerous objects on charts.