Simrad HS50 GPS Compass is a GPS compass that provides true heading output with position, velocity and rate of turn information in addition. This product replaces several vessel instruments with one compact navigation package: gyrocompass, GPS system, speed log and Rate Of Turn (ROT) indicator.
The Sensor unit contains two GPS sensors, electronic board with I/O and an inertial rate element. The Sensor unit is to be mounted in the vessel’s mast or flat on a roof or deck.
The Display unit contains an LCD for navigation information, mainboard with CPU, flash, power and I/O, and buttons for setup and operation of the HS50 system.
The Processing unit contains the mainboard with CPU, flash, power, I/O and a terminal list.
The HS50 system has the following features:
- True heading anywhere on earth
- Replaces several instruments with one robust, integrated product
- Heading available in periods of GPS drop-outs
- 20 Hz update rate on heading and rate of turn measurements
- 80°/sec follow-up rate
- Three RS-232 and three RS-422 configurable output serial lines
- Output data on Ethernet
- Only one cable (no coax) between the mast unit and the Processing unit on the bridge