SAAB R4-AIS Transponder System
Saab’s R4 AIS Transponder solution uses a common hardware platform that is software upgradable to meet future requirements. It can also be software upgraded for other product versions, e.g. to Secure AIS.
SAAB R4 CLASS “A” AIS TRANSPONDER SYSTEM Complete set with Transponder , Display, Cables, GPS Antenna, Junction Box and Instruction Manuals. The R4 AIS is a fully IMO-compliant, fourth generation transponder system, selected by a vast number of Commercial Shipping, Coast Guard and Navy customers world-wide. The R4 AIS has also been the selected OEM product by some of the most prominent systems integrators in the Marine Industry. Unprecedented reliability through joint development and shared technology with Airborne products from Saab. AIS solutions such as base stations and infrastructure from Saab have been selected by a large number of maritime administrations and VTS operators worldwide. Interoperability proven. The user-friendly multi-purpose display unit, outstanding interfacing capability and data validation ensure safe operation when connected to navigation sensors, radar and electronic chart systems.
AIS products from Saab are specifically designed to support the mariner in mission critical decision making. The R4 Class A transponder will satisfy all carriage requirements, but more importantly it will provide better situation awareness to the officer on watch. In the smaller vessel, the unique simplicity and versatility of the man-machine interface will allow the operator to carry out all important tasks required to operate the AIS system, using the multipurpose display unit only. In the integrated bridge system, the R4 will feed reliable data to virtually any electronic chart system and/or radar, and thus vastly improve the quality of the information presented. Furthermore, the R4 vessel transponder offers unprecedented VHF radio coverage, thus allowing the mariner to see further ahead.
SAAB R4-AIS Transponder System Features
- Fully IMO-compliant.
- Standard AIS features fully implemented in accordance with relevant specifications and recommendations.
- Highly versatile multifunctional display unit.
- Integrates with external differential GPS receiver, gyro compass, speed log, chart systems and radars.
- Large number of input and output ports to support highly complex and integrated bridge systems.
- Channel management capability (regional AIS frequencies).
- High resolution, sunlight readable, 6” graphic day and night display.
- User interface design centered on modes of operation corresponding to typical operator activities such as voyage planning and ship navigation.
- Broadcast of Dynamic, Static and Voyage related information.
- Standardized interface for connection to ship sensors e.g. GNSS, Gyro, Rate of Turn Indicator, ECDIS/ECS and ARPA.
- Plot capable of presenting up to 500 targets in vicinity of own ship and situation display with capability to view vessels in the most interesting bearing and range.
- Messaging views for generation and display of safety related messages and text messages.
- Mandatory pilot plug integrated in the display