Furuno FA-100 UAIS Transpoder
Furuno FA 100 Universal AIS (Automatic Identification System) display unit with GPS Antenna (Furuno GPA017) is for sale. This Furuno marine U-AIS model is a universal shipborne AIS capable of exchanging navigation and ship data between own ship and other ships or coastal stations.
Transponder unit of FA100 contains a VHF transmitter, 2 TDMA receivers on two parallel VHF channels, a DSC channel 70 receiver, tnterface, communication processor, LCD display and an internal GPS receiver. Its internal 12 channel all in view GPS receiver with differential capability provides UTC reference for system synchronization to eliminate a clash among multiple users. It also shows position, COG and SOG when external GPS fails. Very reliable and easy to operate Furuno marine navigation AIS for ships and vessels.
The AIS improves the safety of navigation by assisting in the efficient navigation of ships, protection of the environment, and operation of Vessel Traffic Services by satisfying.
The FA-100 is a universal shipborne AIS capable of exchanging navigation and ship data between own ship and other ships or coastal stations. It complies with IMO MSC.74(69) Annex 3, A.694, ITU-R M.1371-1 and DSC ITU-R M.825. It also complies with IEC 61993-2 (Type testing standard), IEC 60945 (EMC and environmental conditions). The FA-100 consists of VHF/GPS antennas, a transponder unit and several associated units. The transponder contains a VHF transmitter, two TDMA receivers on two parallel VHF channels, a DSC channel 70 receiver, interface, communication processor, LCD display, and internal GPS receiver. The internal 12-channel all-in-view GPS receiver with a differential capability provides UTC reference for system synchronization to eliminate clash among a multiple users.
It also gives position, COG and SOG when the external GPS fails. The LCD panel displays all required information about Static data, Dynamic data, Voyage related data and Short safety-related messages. The information and messages are automatically updated according to the ITU-R M.1371-1, For instance, static information every 6 min and on request, dynamic information every 10 s on ship faster than 3 kt and 3.3 s when changing course at 0-14 kt, etc.
Furuno FA-100 UAIS Transponder Overview
- Class-A Universal AIS complying with IMO MSC.74(69) Annex 3, IEC 61993-2, ITU-R M.1371-1
- Target ship’s CPA/TCPA, COG/SOG, name on the basic scrolled LCD display
- Interfaces for radar, ECDIS, PC (Future expansion – LAN and Long Range AIS operation)
- Built-in GPS receiver for UTC synchronization and backup position fixing
- Heading information by GPS compass (SC60/SC120) or gyrocompass
- Upgrade existing Furuno radars for AIS target view by retrofitting the RP card (FR-15x5MK3, FR-21×5 and FAR-28×5 series)
- 12-channels internal GPS Receiver – DPGS ready
- Single unit display with built-in transponder for reliability and easy component access
- High contrast, scrollable LCD and keyboard according to IMO requirements